Much like ice cream, garlic, and really good chocolate, there are a variety of podcasts to suit every taste in fiction. (What do you mean you don't like garlic? That's just not right.)
Hugo Award-winning LIGHTSPEED MAGAZINE burst onto the interwebz in June of 2010. Under the leadership of editor John Joseph Adams, it soon merged with its sister FANTASY MAGAZINE and became one of the premiere markets for short fiction, and quality podcasts produced by Skyboat Media. You can ...continue reading HEAR THAT? Lightspeed Magazine
As I write this, it is 2:38AM, Tuesday, and I should have been asleep five hours ago. Instead, I'm flirting with insomnia, rather, it's flirting with me and I wish it would go the hell away and let me sleep.
What do I do when I can't sleep? Drink cocoa (don't have any), read comics (did that), maybe play a hand or two of solitaire (won both). Beyond that. . .I think. I can't help it, I'm a writer. Ze Frank should do a "True Facts About Writers" video because thinking is how writers do. Tell him I said so.
Where was I? Right. When I can't sleep, I think, and late night thoughts are perhaps the oddest. Take those bits and bobs we don't often share with others, not out of any need for secrecy, but because we simply don't think about sharing. Such as:
- I like peanut butter on hotdogs. And hamburgers. Not with any other condiment. That would be weird.
- After a shower, I use a Q-Tip to dry the inside of I my belly button.
- I am often held hostage by the sound of rain on a windshield. One of the best sounds for napping.
- I once made chocolate/roasted garlic fudge. Didn't have much of a garlic taste the first day, but after that. . .*swoon*. No one else liked it. More for me.
- I enjoy watching items decay, wear away, crumble. A candle lit and left burning until the wick dies is a thing of beauty.
- I am not afraid of heights. I am afraid of falling.
- I killed my mother.
- I like hearing movie spoilers.
- Sometimes when swimming in the ocean, I forget I can't breathe water.
- Yes, I really do like chocolate that much.
Hi-ho! And welcome again to The Muppet -
Oops... That's not right
Hello, and welcome to my new website!
If you don't already know me, allow me a brief introduction. My name is Sandra Odell, and I am a smart mouth, troublemaker who writes, advocates, and eats chocolate. Not necessarily in that order. In 2010 I attended Clarion West, and in 2012 Hydra House Books released my holiday short story collection THE TWELVE WAYS OF CHRISTMAS. I am represented by Caitlin MacDonald of the Donald Maass Literary Agency. Um...what else?
Did I mention I like chocolate?
...continue reading It’s Time To Get Things Started